Monday, January 11, 2010

Newtons Second Law

The acceleration a system experiences when acted upon by an unbalanced force. This shows the friction that an object experiences when moving. I learned about using my FBDs to calculate the sum of the forces, EFx and EFy, and putting them equal to ma or zero depending if the system is accelerating. I also learned about friction, called mu. This can be figured out from the equation Ff=mu*Fn. Mu is actually a naked number because it is newtons divided by newtons.

I have found finding the mu difficult because sometimes i will not remember the equation. Or finding things with not much information. Also what I found difficult was finding the tension in the string.

My problem solving skills are getting better from the other sections I am now understanding the concepts of the systems. Solving problems, doing classwork, and homework has gotten easier. But I have been a little lazy in my work, but i have started to pick it up on homework and classwork.

3 comments:

  1. Your posting seem to imply that N2L is all about friction. How about explaining what the net force is and how it changes the acceleration one way or another. How about the effect of adding mass (or subtracting) in a system, what does it do to the acceleration?
    I would like to see a deeper reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have changed my posting, thank you for the help on writing a deeper reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reflection is still not clear. You are implying that when forces are unbalanced it is because of friction. Can there be unbalanced forces where friction is present? How about objects moving at constant speed with friction? The forces are balanced here so how do you justify your claim?

    ReplyDelete